One person injured during interaction with police in Oakville
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) has invoked its mandate regarding an incident that happened early Sunday morning in Oakville.
Around 3:45 a.m. on February 16, officers responded to a dispute call in the area of Speers Road and Kerr Street.
“Upon arrival, police had an interaction with an individual who was subsequently transported to hospital,” police report.
Halton Police say they notified the SIU, which is now investigating the circumstances of the incident.
The SIU is an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
More information to come as the investigation continues.
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Ontario to accelerate essential construction projects amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Ford says ‘patience has run thin’ with low numbers of COVID-19 tests in Ontario