One School in Lockdown and Another is in Hold and Secure in Georgetown
One Georgetown school is in lockdown and others are in hold and secure.
Halton police say Georgetown District High School is currently in lockdown.
Police also say that Holy Cross Catholic Elementary School is in hold and secure.
Residents are advised to expect heavy police presence and are asked to avoid the area.
Updates to follow.
UPDATE: Police say officers are investigating reports of a weapon that may have been seen. Police have received no reports of any injuries.
UPDATE: Police say Georgetown District High School is still in lockdown. Holy Cross is still in hold and secure. Police say Christ the King is also in hold and secure. Residents should expect to see an ongoing heavy police response.
Police are reminding parents that students and staff are safe at these three schools. There have been no reports of injuries.
The investigation is ongoing.
UPDATE: Police say Christ the King is not in hold and secure. Police said they reported that it was in error.
UPDATE: Police say they are in the process of methodically clearing students from Georgetown District High School. Officers will ferry those students over to Gary Allan HS at 96 Guelph St. Gary Allan HS is where students will be released to parents.
UPDATE: Police say there is no longer a hold and secure in place at Holy Cross Catholic Elementary School.
- Popular American chicken joint goes international, opening new locations in Ontario
- 460 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 687 total cases found in Halton
- Sobeys confirms COVID-19 case at Oakville store
- Oakville's newest 'fine dining' Indian restaurant is open for business
- Province to release detailed testing strategy, urges all residents who want a test to get tested