UPDATED: One Suspect Charged, Two Outstanding in Oakville Robbery
One suspect has been charged and two suspects are outstanding after a jewelry store was robbed in March 2018.
According to Halton Regional Police, the incident occurred on March 7, 2018.
A recent release reads that “two armed suspects entered the Mariani Watch Boutique at the Oakville Place Mall.”
“One suspect threatened staff members with a handgun while the other suspect stole an assortment of watches from the display cases. Both suspects exited the shopping mall and were last seen entering a waiting vehicle, which was occupied by a third suspect.”
Devaine Nelson, 25, of Scarborough, has been charged with the following:
- Robbery with a Firearm
- Disguise with Intent
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Breach Firearm Regulations
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Weapon
- Possession of Firearm, Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm/ammunition
- Possess a Firearm knowing serial number has been altered, defaced, removed or tampered with
- Possession Schedule II Cannabis Marihuana - over 30 grams
Police say investigators executed a search warrant at the suspect’s residence and seized a loaded Kel-Tec 9mm handgun equipped with a 15-round magazine and 340 grams of marijuana.
The suspect was held pending bail, and he will appear in court on May 7, 2018.
Anyone with information should contact Detective Sergeant Paul Foley of the Halton Regional Police at 905-825-4747 ext. 2215.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
All photos courtesy of Halton Regional Police
UPDATE: Surveillance images of two persons of interest were released and they have since been cleared, Halton police said on May 3. A pair of suspects remain outstanding.