Ontario Announces Additional Funding For Festivals in Halton
If you enjoy festivals in Halton, you’re in for some good news!
Recently (August 1), Lisa MacLeod, the Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport, announced plans for extended support of festivals and events with over $2 million in funding to support jobs and boost local tourism across Ontario.
“Every dollar invested through Celebrate Ontario results in almost $21 of visitor spending,” said MacLeod. “This year’s program received a strong response, and we’re ensuring each budgeted dollar supports as many community festivals and events as possible.”
The government is making investments for 2019-20 in the following regions across the province:
- West: $545,162
- North: $80,103
- East: $757,403
- Central: $716,282
This is the second round of investments for festivals and events through Celebrate Ontario 2019.
The government says that: “Support from Celebrate Ontario helps festival and event organizers enhance programming, activities and services so that festivals and events can offer new experiences, reach new audiences and support local jobs.”
Tourism is a significant part of the province’s economy, creating over 390,000 jobs and generating over $34 billion of economic activity. In total, Ontario is investing $17 million in the Celebrate Ontario 2019 program, which will support more than 270 festivals and events.
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Less than 400 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 160 total cases confirmed in Halton
- Easter Bunny declared an essential service in Ontario
- Police offering $100,000 reward in 1984 Oakville murder
- Ontario Government Set to Fund Local Festivals in Halton
- Ontario Announces Funding For More Cultural Events in Halton
- 5 Crazy Real Festivals/Events We Need in Halton
- Burlington and Milton Among Top 100 Festivals in Ontario
- Here’s Why Halton Hills will Receive Millions in Funding from the Ontario Government