Ontario family prepares to say goodbye to toddler found dead with father
THORNHILL, Ont. -- The family of a four-year-old girl found dead alongside her father at the bottom of the escarpment in Milton said they will get a chance to view her body Tuesday (Feb. 11).
Philip Viater said he and his wife, Jennifer Kagan, will be going to the coroner's office to say goodbye to four-year-old Keira Kagan, whose body was found Sunday in the Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area in Milton, Ont.
Halton Regional Police say the deaths are not considered homicides "at this point," but their investigation continues.
Police say the child and her father went missing Sunday afternoon and their bodies were found around 11 p.m. that evening.
The disappearance triggered a massive search and police say the pair's injuries were consistent with a fall.
Viater, who is the girl's stepfather, says he and his wife believe Keira's father, Robin Brown, jumped off the cliff in a murder-suicide.
Correction: The Canadian Press reported Feb. 11 that Robin Brown, whose body was found Sunday in a conservation area in Milton, Ont., along with his four-year-old daughter’s body, had appealed a judge’s decision on his access to the child. In fact, it was the child’s mother, Jennifer Kagan, who unsuccessfully appealed the court decision.
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- G2 driver clocked going 206 km/h in Oakville
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Halton police search for missing Oakville teen
- Burlington Sound of Music Festival 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Funeral to be held for girl found dead next to father at base of Milton escarpment
- Police searching for missing father and four year old child in Milton
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: 11 Year Old Girl Abducted by Father Found Deceased
- Police investigating dead body found in Burlington
- Deceased bodies of missing father and four year old girl recovered in Milton