Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 150 cases confirmed in Halton
The province says that over 4,000 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in the province and that over 100 residents have died of it.
As of 10:30 am on April 6, Ontario is reporting 4,347 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province.
The province says 132 people have died of the disease, while another 1,624 have made full recoveries.
According to the website, 78,796 people have been tested for the virus and 329 possible cases are under investigation.
The province says 589 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 216 being treated in intensive care units. One-hundred and sixty patients are currently using ventilators.
According to Halton Region Public Health, there are 155 cases in the region as of 12:00 pm on April 6.
Most COVID-19 cases have been found in Oakville.
Of the 155 cases reported by the Halton Region, 37 cases have been diagnosed in Milton, 56 in Oakville, 38 in Burlington and 22 in Halton Hills. Two cases have been found in Halton residents whose addresses are not known.
The region says 43 possible cases are currently under investigation.
A Milton man in his 50s died of the virus in March.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on April 6), 557 people have been diagnosed in the region and eight people have died of the virus. There are currently 211 cases in Brampton, 28 in Caledon and 316 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
There is evidence of community spread in both regions.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Update: Teen charged after alleged stabbing of 79-year-old woman in Oakville
- Halton police investigating armed robbery in Milton
- Province investing millions in broadband and cellular service for Ontarians
- 483 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 330 total cases confirmed in Halton
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, close to 300 total cases confirmed in Halton
- Less than 400 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 160 total cases confirmed in Halton
- 421 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 300 total cases confirmed in Halton