OUT OF TOWN: Hit-and-run victim dies of injuries
Hamilton Police say the victim of a hit-and-run has died from his injuries—making it the 6th pedestrian death in 2019. The victim’s family does not wish to release his name.
On September 20 at approximately 9:00 p.m. a male was crossing northbound in the crosswalk on Main Street East at Sanford Avenue when he was struck by a dark coloured SUV travelling eastbound on Main Street.
Hamilton Police released the photos of the suspect vehicle in an attempt to assist in its identification, which were taken just prior to the collision.
The suspect vehicle is a dark coloured four-door SUV or full-size vehicle and was expected to have extensive front end and windshield damage.
If you have any information that you believe could assist police with this investigation, please contact police at (905)546-4753 or (905)546-4755 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or www.crimestoppershamilton.com.
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Ontario reports 550 new COVID-19 cases, largest single-day increase so far
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Ontario to accelerate essential construction projects amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Ford says ‘patience has run thin’ with low numbers of COVID-19 tests in Ontario