Over 200 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, over 30 cases now confirmed in Halton
The province recently announced that well over 200 new cases of COVID-19 have been discovered in Ontario.
As of 4:00 pm on March 30, Ontario is reporting 1,966 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province.
The province says 33 people have died of the disease, while another 534 have made full recoveries. The province's updated website provides some interesting demographic information as well. According to the website, 980 men and 974 women have been diagnosed with COVID-19. The province says that 1,496 people diagnosed have been between the ages of 20 and 64, meaning people in that age range comprise 76 per cent of patients.
The province says 51,629 people have been tested for the virus and that 4,280 possible cases are under investigation.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on March 30), 277 people have been diagnosed in the region. There are currently 101 cases in Brampton, 16 in Caledon and 154 in Mississauga. Six cases are currently pending more information.
According to Halton Region Public Health, there were 36 cases in the region as of 12:00 pm on March 30.
Of the 36 cases reported by the Halton Region, eight cases have been diagnosed in Milton, 16 in Oakville, 10 in Burlington and two in Halton Hills.
A Milton man in his 50s died of the virus earlier this month.
There is evidence of community spread in both regions.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Driver flees scene on foot after crash in Burlington
- Conservation Halton implementing reservation system for public parks
- Ontario says more heath providers can reopen including dentists, optometrists
- Ontario extends emergency orders for COVID-19 pandemic until June 9
- Ontario reports over 500 COVID-19 cases in the province, with 2 new cases confirmed in Halton
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with more cases appearing in Oakville
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 150 cases confirmed in Halton
- 483 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 330 total cases confirmed in Halton