Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with significant jump recorded in Halton
The province recently announced that over 400 new cases of COVID-19 have been discovered in Ontario.
As of 4:00 pm on March 31, Ontario is reporting 2,392 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province.
The province says 37 people have died of the disease, while another 689 have made full recoveries. The province's updated website provides some interesting demographic information as well. According to the website, 1,189 men and 1,189 women have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
The province says 57,874 people have been tested for the virus and that 3,135 possible cases are under investigation.
According to Halton Region Public Health, there were 59 cases in the region as of 12:30 pm on March 31. That marks a surge of 23 new patients in a one-day period.
Most COVID-19 cases have been found in Oakville.
Of the 59 cases reported by the Halton Region, 15 cases have been diagnosed in Milton, 24 in Oakville, 16 in Burlington and four in Halton Hills.
A Milton man in his 50s died of the virus earlier this month.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on April 1), 309 people have been diagnosed in the region. There are currently 112 cases in Brampton, 16 in Caledon and 174 in Mississauga.
Seven cases are pending more information.
A Brampton man in his 70s died of the virus on March 31. He is the region's first COVID-19 fatality.
There is evidence of community spread in both regions.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Update: Teen charged after alleged stabbing of 79-year-old woman in Oakville
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario releases new guidelines for treatment during pandemic
- Province investing millions in broadband and cellular service for Ontarians
- Over 200 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, over 30 cases now confirmed in Halton
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with more cases appearing in Oakville
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 150 cases confirmed in Halton
- Ontario reports over 500 COVID-19 cases in the province, with 2 new cases confirmed in Halton