Part of Busy Burlington Arena Closed Until Late September
If you were hoping to indulge in a more wintery activity soon (perhaps just to cool off during this warm September week), you will have to wait a little longer.
The City of Burlington recently announced that, due to delays in upgrading some equipment at Central Arena (519 Drury Lane), the ice-pad will not be available for use until late September.
While that news might be disappointing to some, residents should note that other areas of the arena are operational.
The city says the auditorium is still open for scheduled rentals and programs.
Residents should note that all skating and recreational hockey drop-in programs have been moved to Mountainside Arena. All ice rentals have also been accommodated at Mountainside Arena and permit holders have been notified.
We’ll keep you updated on the opening when more news becomes available.
- Police Looking for Owner of Dog Believed to be Hit by Car in Burlington
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect for Halton
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Here's How Much House Prices Have Fallen in Halton
- What's Happening with the Oakville Arena and Trafalgar Park Revitalization Project?
- You Won’t Want to Miss This Special Celebration in Burlington
- City Releases Extremely Important News for Ice Skaters in Burlington
- Sheridan College and Other School Programs Closing Due to Snow
- Big News About Skating Rinks in Burlington