Part of Pearson Airport Evacuated Due to Fire
Police are on scene due to a fire at Pearson Airport in Mississauga.
Peel police recently announced that emergency crews are on scene for a fire in Terminal 1.
Police say passengers have been evacuated from the affected area.
There are no reports of injuries at this time.
Updates to follow.
UPDATE: Paramedics are currently on scene and treating several patients. Police say the fire has been extinguished, but a significant amount of water and smoke is in the area. Police are encouraging all passengers to check their flight status before reaching Terminal 1.
Paramedics say one woman was taken to hospital in stable condition. Police say delays and cancellations have been issued. Travellers are advised to check with their airlines to see if the incident will affect them. Crews are working to clean up damage and restore normal operations at the airport.
- Significant snow in the forecast for Halton
- 3 suspects wanted after attempted robbery and shooting in Milton: Halton Police
- Burlington mayor issues statement after concerns raised around Millcroft Golf Course
- What are the key issues in the Ontario teachers’ disputes with the province?
- Halton man wins Lotto Max Encore after buying ticket in Burlington
- Numerous Flights Cancelled Following Fire at Pearson Airport
- Passengers Evacuated After Planes Collide at Pearson Airport
- Police on Scene After Plane Slides Off Runway at Pearson Airport
- People Evacuated at Pearson Airport After Fuel Truck Hits Airplane
- Police On Scene At Pearson Airport Due To "Dangerous Condition"