Part of Pearson Airport Evacuated Due to Fire
Police are on scene due to a fire at Pearson Airport in Mississauga.
Peel police recently announced that emergency crews are on scene for a fire in Terminal 1.
Police say passengers have been evacuated from the affected area.
There are no reports of injuries at this time.
Updates to follow.
UPDATE: Paramedics are currently on scene and treating several patients. Police say the fire has been extinguished, but a significant amount of water and smoke is in the area. Police are encouraging all passengers to check their flight status before reaching Terminal 1.
Paramedics say one woman was taken to hospital in stable condition. Police say delays and cancellations have been issued. Travellers are advised to check with their airlines to see if the incident will affect them. Crews are working to clean up damage and restore normal operations at the airport.
- Burlington Declares a Climate Emergency
- Two Suspects Sought Following Cheese Wheel Theft at Fortinos in Burlington
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Halton
- Here’s Exactly Where the New Oakville Elementary School Will be Located
- Another Retail Cannabis Store Could be Coming to Burlington
- Numerous Flights Cancelled Following Fire at Pearson Airport
- Passengers Evacuated After Planes Collide at Pearson Airport
- Police on Scene After Plane Slides Off Runway at Pearson Airport
- Police Investigating a Suspicious Package at Pearson Airport
- Paramedics Treating Victim Following Fire in Burlington