Passenger Found in Trunk of Car Going at Insane Speed in Oakville
Three youths are facing charges after police made an unusual traffic stop today in Oakville.
At 8:00 p.m., police reported on Twitter that a vehicle was stopped by patrol officers for driving 62 km/h over the speed limit.
Officers then determined that one passenger was not wearing a seatbelt and another passenger was willingly riding in the trunk.
The G2 novice driver is charged with two counts of stunt driving, will have their licence and car seized for seven days, and is expected to appear in court at a later date.
The first passenger is charged with failing to wear a seatbelt, and the passenger found in the trunk is charged with failling to occupy a position with a seatbelt.
Photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Halton
- New blockade suspends GO Train service west of Toronto
- VIDEO: Vehicle fire snarling traffic in Oakville
- Tracks between Aldershot GO Station and Hamilton GO Station shut down due to protests
- Heavy snow warning issued for Burlington, Milton, Oakville
- G2 driver charged after two students found in trunk in Oakville
- PHOTO: Driver Charged for Going Ridiculous Speed in Milton
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Burlington
- Driver Charged After Going More Than 70 Over the Speed Limit in Oakville
- PHOTOS: Oakville Driver Charged with Stunt Driving