Passenger Found in Trunk of Car Going at Insane Speed in Oakville
Three youths are facing charges after police made an unusual traffic stop today in Oakville.
At 8:00 p.m., police reported on Twitter that a vehicle was stopped by patrol officers for driving 62 km/h over the speed limit.
Officers then determined that one passenger was not wearing a seatbelt and another passenger was willingly riding in the trunk.
The G2 novice driver is charged with two counts of stunt driving, will have their licence and car seized for seven days, and is expected to appear in court at a later date.
The first passenger is charged with failing to wear a seatbelt, and the passenger found in the trunk is charged with failling to occupy a position with a seatbelt.
Photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Ontario Amber Alert Cancelled After Missing Mississauga Boy Found Safe
- Here’s Exactly Where the New Oakville Elementary School Will be Located
- BREAKING: Amber Alert issued For 5-Year-Old Boy Last Seen in Mississauga
- Burlington Declares a Climate Emergency
- Ford Government Proposes To End OHIP Out-Of-Country Traveller's Program