Passengers Evacuated After Planes Collide at Pearson Airport
Fire and emergency services were called to the scene of a collision (on a much grander scale) this evening.
It was confirmed around 8:00 p.m. that a Boeing plane — having returned from a flight from Cancun, Mexico — was struck by a Sunwing aircraft that was moving back from the gate at a Pearson Airport terminal.
Passengers were evacuated from the plane, which held 168 guests and six crew members at the time of the collision. According to WestJet, all passengers have been accounted for and there are no major injuries.
Pearson reports that flight operations at Terminal 3 have been impacted by the incident, while other airport operations are unaffected.
An investigation into this incident is underway. We’ll update with any further news.
- Motorcyclist Seriously Injured in Collision in Milton
- Power Outage Affecting Oakville Residents This Morning
- Five Catholic Schools in Halton Will Have Different Start and End Times Come September
- New Waterfront Restaurant with Patio Now Open in Oakville
- Privacy Concerns Rise About Government's New Metrolinx Station Program