Pearson Airport Gains One of the Highest Rankings in the World
Big news for Pearson Airport.
While our GTA-based airport is recognized internationally for a number of reasons, it has officially gained another international ranking for 2018.
Air travel intelligence expert OAG has revealed its list of the top 50 most internationally connected airports in the world - the Top 50 International Megahubs.
Toronto Pearson Airport has ranked fifth on the list of 50.
Taking the top four spots are Heathrow, Chicago O’Hare, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam.
These are airports with the highest ratio of possible scheduled international connections to the number of destinations served by the airport.
According to OAG, this index analyzes the world’s most comprehensive schedules database.
“The Megahubs International Index measures the effectiveness of the world’s leading international hubs as connecting points, globally and regionally, and provides a platform for comparison for these international airports,” reads the report from OAG.
Basically, OAG calculated the total number of all possible connections between inbound and outbound flights within a six-hour window, where either the inbound, outbound, or both flights are international, at the largest 200 airports in the world (based on total scheduled seats in July 2018) and at the largest 200 international airports (based on total international scheduled seats in July 2018) on the busiest day for global aviation 12 months prior to July 2018.
With that in mind, Toronto Pearson earned a connectivity index score of 271. That’s 62 points lower than the top scorer, Heathrow.
The list reads that Air Canada’s flights account for 60 per cent at its main hub at YYZ.
You can check out the full list here.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Oakville restaurant named a top 'date night' spot in Canada
- Body pulled from water near Burlington lift bridge: Hamilton Police
- Indian police arrest phone scammers targeting Canadians
- Burlington and Oakville rent rates continue to skyrocket
- Numerous Flights Cancelled Following Fire at Pearson Airport
- Here's How to Order Restaurant Food to Pearson Airport for the First Time Ever
- Vehicle Thefts on the Rise at Pearson International Airport
- Police Investigating Suspicious Package at Pearson International Airport
- Something Exciting Just Happened to Pearson Airport