Pedestrian Dead After Being Struck by Train in Oakville
Halton Police’s Collision Reconstruction Unit is investigating a fatal incident in Oakville today.
Around 1:40 a.m. on Sunday, September 29, police responded to a 911 call that a pedestrian had been struck by a GO train in the area of Fourth Line and Speers Road.
“Emergency services attended the scene and confirmed that a pedestrian had been struck and killed by the westbound GO train,” police say.
The Collision Reconstruction Unit attended the scene and has assumed responsibility for the investigation, with assistance from GO Special Constables who also attended the scene.
Police say they will not be releasing the victim’s identity.
Any witnesses to this incident are asked to call 905-825-4747, ext. 5065.
- Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Hamilton couple charged after police seize drugs, break and enter tools in Burlington
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire causing highway delays in Oakville
- Here's why Halton residents should vote strategically this election
- Pedestrian Killed By GO Train in Oakville
- Halton Police on Scene Following Pedestrian Allegedly Being Struck by Train
- Pedestrian Struck by Train in Burlington, Pronounced Dead
- GO Train Service Suspended After Pedestrian Struck in Oakville
- Police Looking to ID Man Struck and Killed by GO Train in Milton