Pedestrian Killed By GO Train in Oakville
A pedestrian was hit and killed by a GO train early Sunday morning.
Halton Regional Police say they were dispatched to the railroad tracks in the area of Fourth Line and Speers Road in Oakville just after 1:30 a.m., where witnesses described that a pedestrian had been struck by a train.
Emergency services attended the scene and confirmed that a pedestrian had been struck and killed by the westbound GO train.
GO Special Constables also attended the scene and assisted with the investigation.
Police say the identity of the pedestrian will not be released.
Officers are asking those who may have witnessed the incident to contact collision investigators at (905) 825-4747 extension 5065.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility in Milton
- Exciting Shop The Food District Holiday Concept Open at Square One
- Burlington restaurant named top 100 in Canada
- Police concerned about missing woman from Burlington
- New airline regulations mandate compensation for Canadians
- Pedestrian Dead After Being Struck by Train in Oakville
- Halton Police on Scene Following Pedestrian Allegedly Being Struck by Train
- GO Train Service Suspended After Pedestrian Struck in Oakville
- Pedestrian Struck by GO Train Halts Service in Burlington and Oakville
- Oakville Man Struck, Killed by GO Train: Police