People Can See The Northern Lights In Halton Tonight
If you look up at the sky tonight, you will probably see the eruption of bright Auroras.
According to the Weather Network, people can see the Aurora Borealis tonight (May 16) if they get away from the city lights and pollution.
Early Tuesday morning, many people were shocked to see the unexpected Aurora Borealis. There was also an encore performance Wednesday night. Luckily, people can still see nature's light show today.
Photo courtesy of the Weather Network.
Due to the expected arrival of two solar storms, the skies over Canada and the northern United States suddenly erupted in the bright display, two days earlier than expected.
According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), on May 16, there will be a moderate geometric storm, which will most likely allow people to see the Aurora Borealis in the areas highlighted on the map. People can visibly see the lights in the areas between the green and yellow lines. The map shows that people in the Greater Toronto Area - or can drive to areas with less light pollution - to see the Northern Lights.
Photo courtesy of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
However, the weather does play a key role in being able to see the lights. So if there is a cloudy sky tonight, it will block the view from the ground. Currently, the Weather Network is predicting light rain in the area, but with clear skies.
So perhaps, you can get away from the busyness of the city and take a trip up north to see the abundance of lights.
Will you be watching the Aurora Borealis?
- Winning Maxmillions lotto ticket sold in Burlington
- 14-year-old facing 25 charges related to Halton robberies
- Struggling retailer closes its doors in Burlington
- Arrests made after several purses stolen from "older women" in Burlington, Oakville
- Police detect new substance posing overdose risk in Halton
- You Have a Chance to See the Northern Lights in Halton Region and Beyond
- Here's How Cold it's Going to be in Halton Tonight
- A Company Is Attempting to Lure People from Halton and Surrounding Areas
- Cool Winter Lights Show Happening in Burlington
- The Weather Network Reveals Canada's 2018 Fall Forecast