PHOTOS: Aftermath of Fatal Highway Crash Near Oakville Border
Police have released photos of the aftermath of a serious crash this morning.
Around 6:00 a.m. on Sunday morning, March 31, paramedics were called to the scene of a collision on westbound Highway 403 between Winston Churchill Boulevard and the 407.
Six ambulances were called to the area.
One person was pronounced deceased on scene, while five other patients were transported to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
Aanother person involved in the incident refused to be transported to hospital, according to Peel paramedics superintendent Steve Walker.
Highway 403, which was temporarily closed westbound at Winston Churchill due to the crash, has since fully reopened.
“Factors surrounding the collision are still under investigation,” says OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
Multiple vehicle fatal collision closes a portion of #Hwy403 in #Mississauga this morning. #Hwy403 westbound at Winston Churchill Blvd. Has since fully re-opened. Factors surrounding the collision are still under investigation. #SlowDown#DriveAccordingToRoadAndWeatherConditions pic.twitter.com/VpNXSIQ4b4— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) March 31, 2019
Photos via Sgt Kerry Schmidt @OPP_HSD
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, close to 300 total cases confirmed in Halton
- Justin Trudeau says we won’t return to complete normalcy until a vaccine is produced
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- ‘Dynamic’ physical distancing could help balance COVID-19 fight, economy: study
- Robbers escape by air after stealing gold bars from Canadian mine in Mexico
- One Person Dead and Six in Hospital After Early Morning Crash Near Oakville Border
- UPDATE: Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man
- Woman Dead After Highway Collision at Oakville Border
- Victim in Fatal Highway Crash Identified as Burlington Woman
- Highway 401 Closed Following Second Collision in Milton