PHOTOS: Driving Caught Travelling at High Speed on Rural Road in Halton
A driver has lost his licence and vehicle for seven days after travelling at high speeds in a rural area in Halton, police say.
Halton police allege a G2 driver was caught travelling at 116 km/h in a 60 zone—and still accelerating on Steeles Ave.
According to police, the driver said that he was late for a flight at Pearson.
Police say his licence and vehicle have been seized for seven days as a result.
Police are reminding drivers to avoid speeding.
#ruralimpact G2 Driver caught speeding at 116 in a 60 (and still accelerating on Steele’s Ave) - driver said that he was late for a flight at Pearson. Now his licence and vehicle are seized for 7 days - our enforcement will continue because speed kills! ^pr pic.twitter.com/zDVnrjZ09m— HRPS Milt HHills (@HRPSMiltHH) April 24, 2019
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club Near Oakville
- Major Delays Expected on QEW Due Construction on Burlington Skyway Bridge
- Truck Carrying a Number of Bicycles Stopped in Burlington