PHOTOS: GTA Man Charged After Massive Yogurt Spill on Hwy. 401
It was a yogurt-lover’s dream (or worst nightmare depending on how you look at it) on highway 401 Friday morning.
On Friday June 22, 2018, at around 3:30 a.m., the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) reported a massive yogurt spill on the 401 westbound at Meadowvale.
According to Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, a transport truck driver crashed into an electronic sign support post, ripping open the trailer.
A load of yogurt spilled onto the highway.
Multiple lanes were blocked for cleanup all of Friday morning.
No injuries were reported.
A 25-year-old Brampton man is facing careless driving charges after the crash.
Cleanup is ongoing as of noon on Friday.
Collision: #Hwy401 WB near Morningside. Transport truck collided with electronic sign support post ripping open the trailer loaded with yogurt. Multiple lanes blocked on express and collectors, cleanup ongoing. pic.twitter.com/3lFu6GTuQh— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) June 22, 2018
25 year old man from Brampton On. charged with careless driving.— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) June 22, 2018
Transport truck struck a sign post spilling yogurt all over #Hwy401 at Meadowvale Rd, no injuries.
Est. 3 more hours for clean up and reopening pic.twitter.com/y2QhWGkTef
- Police Investigating Armed Robbery in Burlington
- 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington and Milton – Nov. 10 – Nov. 16
- New Retailers Officially Open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Here’s Everything we Know About This Huge Holiday Market in Milton
- House of the Week: $2.8 Mil Burlington Home That Overlooks the Water