PHOTOS: Halton's most (and least) affordable homes
The spring market - typically the busiest season of the year for real estate - is evidently in full swing across the Halton region markets, as sales see strong increases across the board. However, a lack of supply continues to be the defining challenge for homebuyers, who are experiencing greater competition and spiraling home prices, while sellers are seeing markets turn increasingly to their favour.
Compared to nearby regional markets, Halton saw an overall smaller increase in new listings growth, with 1,116 homes brought to market, up just 5.9 per cent. Meanwhile, home sales experienced a scorching increase of 51 per cent, with 769 transactions over the month of February. As a result, the region plunged deeper into a sellers' market with a sales-to-new-listings ratio of 68.9 per cent and a hotter-than-ever average home price of $977,617.
Here are the most (and least) affordable Halton homes sold on Zoocasa.
Most Affordable Homes
Most Expensive Homes
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 703 total cases found in Halton
- Ontario says more heath providers can reopen including dentists, optometrists
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Rainfall advisory issued for Burlington, Milton, Oakville
- Conservation Halton implementing reservation system for public parks
- Home Sales in Halton are Expected to Continue to Increase
- Halton Real Estate Market Recovering from February Low
- Housing sales increase across the country during February
- Here’s How Much Sales Increased by in the Halton Real Estate Market Recently
- House prices climbing as fewer homes hit the market in Halton