PHOTOS: Hwy. 401 Crash at Milton Border Sends Three People to Hospital
Three people are in hospital following a multi-vehicle crash on Hwy. 401 at the Milton-Mississauga border on Thursday morning.
“This so easily could have turned fatal,” said OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
The collision, involving three transport trucks and two cars took place in the eastbound lanes near Winston Churchill Blvd.
One truck slammed into another, “taking out two cars as well,” said Schmidt.
All lanes were blocked as of 8:15 a.m. — one lane opened by 10 a.m.
Clean-up is ongoing and “we hope to have a second lane open soon,” he said, adding vehicles are being pushed off to the shoulder.
First responders remain on scene.
There’s no word yet on the severity of injuries or charges.
Photos courtesy of OPP
UPDATE: Two left lanes are open as of 10:30 a.m.
UPDATE: All lanes reopened by noon.
- Multi-Vehicle Hwy. 401 Crash Snarling Traffic at Milton Border
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash Near Milton
- PHOTOS: Truck Fire Halts Traffic on Hwy. 401 in Milton
- PHOTOS: 'Like a Bomb Has Gone Off' in Hwy. 401 Milton Crash
- PHOTOS: Milton Drivers Warned of Major Delays After Trucks Collide on Major Highway