PHOTOS: Possible Impaired Driver Stopped in Gunpoint Takedown in Burlington
Police have arrested three people following a “high risk” takedown in Burlington in the early morning hours of Sunday, Feb. 17.
Halton police told inhalton.com that a vehicle was spotted driving erratically on the westbound QEW from Guelph Line. The vehicle exited the highway at North Shore Blvd. and was stopped by police on Indian Rd.
.@HaltonPolice make high risk takedown of suspected impaired driver after an officer spotted the vehicle driving erratically on the QEW Westbound. Two males under arrest #BurlON @HRPSBurl pic.twitter.com/szEIeT8Kvd— Andrew Collins (@ACollinsPhoto) February 17, 2019
Police say the driver, who might have been impaired, was taken down at gunpoint because he reportedly failed to stop for police.
The incident occurred shortly after 3:30 a.m.
Police say three people, including a 44-year-old woman, a 51-year-old man and a 27-year-old man, have been arrested.
No injuries or collisions have been reported in connection with the incident.
There is no information on specific charges at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Police looking for missing 24-year-old Burlington woman
- Halton District School Board releases reopening plan for Sept. 2020
- Protect your pets: Is there an uptick in fox sightings in Halton?
- Ottawa sets minimum unemployment rate at 13.1 per cent for EI calculation
- PHOTOS: The cheapest (and most expensive) homes sold in Halton in July
- Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway in Burlington
- PHOTOS: Allegedly Impaired Driver's Vehicle Destroyed in Halton Hills
- Impaired Driver Drives Into a Burlington Home
- PHOTOS: Police Investigating Possible Impaired Driving Crash in Burlington
- Suspect Arrested Following Alleged Impaired Driving in Burlington