PHOTOS: Several injured in multi-vehicle highway crash
Multiple people have been hospitalized following a collision this evening.
A serious crash involving up to six vehicles took place on eastbound Highway 401 approaching Winston Churchill in Mississauga.
A 14 year old female victim was taken to a trauma centre with serious but non-life-threatening injuries, according to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
All other victims were hospitalized with reportedly minor injuries.
All eastbound lanes on Highway 401 remain closed at Trafalgar, with only the shoulder open.
Residents should avoid the area and take alternate routes.
#Hwy401 EB closed at Trafalgar Rd due to a serious 5 vehicle collision approaching Winston Churchill Blvd. A 14 year old female has been taken to a trauma center, other injuries appear minor. Updates to follow pic.twitter.com/QRkFapIc58— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) October 15, 2019
- Here's what you need to earn to 'live' in Halton
- Unpopular Opinion: 'Free speech' is not a thing and good riddance to 'Grapes'
- Ontario government passes bill to limit public wages
- Burlington, Milton, Oakville hit with extreme cold Wednesday
- 'Over 400 crashes in 24 hrs' reported by OPP during snowfall