PHOTOS: Two People Pronounced Dead After Collision On QEW In Oakville
Two people have been pronounced dead after a single-vehicle collision in Oakville.
According to Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, a BMW crashed into a construction site and then burst into flames this afternoon.
The incident occurred on the QEW Toronto bound at Ford Drive.
The QEW Toronto bound ramp at Ford Drive is closed both eastbound and westbound for investigation and cleanup. The estimated time of reopening is 11 p.m.
The OPP, fire department and ambulance attended the scene. The Halton Police later showed up to assist with the ramp closure.
The investigation is still ongoing.
Ford Drive ramps to the QEW Toronto bound are closed for ongoing double fatal collision. @HaltonPolice assisting @OPP_GTATraffic with closures. Ramps to remain closed for investigation for several hours. pic.twitter.com/wJzxryhihv— Andrew Collins (@ACollinsPhoto) May 4, 2019
More updates to come.
Photo courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
All lanes are now reopened.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Halton Police Investigating Robbery at Convenience Store in Burlington
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Justin Trudeau Responds to His Picture in Brownface at 2001 ‘Arabian Nights’ Party
- PHOTOS: Vehicle Fire on QEW In Oakville Blocking All Lanes
- QEW RAMP CLOSURE: First Responders on Scene Following Collision in Oakville
- Lanes Blocked On QEW Toronto Bound Due To Collision In Oakville
- UPDATE: Two People Dead Following Collision on 401 Near Halton
- Part of QEW Remains Closed in Oakville Following Fatal Collision