Pizza Pizza Introduces New Meat Alternatives to its Menu
Almost everyone loves pizza! However, some pizza lovers don’t like to eat meat but still want some more protein.
On Monday (June 24) Pizza Pizza announced the launch of their new Super Plant Pizza, the first plant-based protein topping recipe available on the menu in order to appeal to customers who want more options.
"The pizza landscape in Canada is continuously evolving and we have always been an innovation leader at the forefront," said Paul Goddard, the CEO of Pizza Pizza. "The launch of the Super Plant Pizza with our plant-based protein options is an exciting moment in our brand history and one that we are very proud of. We will continue to create flexible options to suit all dietary preferences as we look to the future."
The new recipe uses a combination of flavours and is available on any crust, including the newest crust addition: Cauliflower Crust.
The recipe includes: homestyle Italian tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and is topped with plant-based pepperoni and plant-based chorizo crumble. For a more vegan experience, customers are also able to order dairy-free vegan cheese.
"Most people personalize their pizza and consumers want options; that's something we've continually offered consumers, putting quality and great taste at the forefront of introducing new options," said Alyssa Huggins the Vice President of Marketing at Pizza Pizza. "With the launch of the Super Plant Pizza and the plant-based protein options we are responding to our customers' ever-changing needs, namely the flexitarian movement, but also growth in consumers identifying as vegan or vegetarian."
The plant-based protein options have been made available through a strategic partnership with Yves Veggie Cuisine and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Both brands are leaders in the plant-based protein space and offer a unique flavour in all their products.
The new menu items are now available in all traditional Pizza Pizza restaurants across Canada.
Cover photo courtesy of Pizza Pizza’s Facebook
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Watershed outlook and weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Halton
- Man arrested for hate-motivated assault in Oakville
- Pizza Pizza launches new gourmet options for Halton restaurants
- 7-Eleven Announces New Beyond Meat Pizza Additions to Menu
- Pizza Pizza introducing new 'tamper-proof' box to help with spread of COVID-19
- Here's How You Can Get A Pizza For Only $4.20 In Halton
- Here’s How You Can Get Cheap Pizza in Halton This Week