Pizza Pizza introducing new 'tamper-proof' box to help with spread of COVID-19
If you've been craving pizza, but avoiding ordering delivery for fear of contracting the coronavirus, Pizza Pizza claims to be providing peace of mind.
The Pizza Pizza Tamper Proof Pizza Box is designed to “lets customers know their pizza won't be touched by anyone except them”.
The box has a tamper-proof safety locking mechanism that has to be broken by the customer to access the pizza inside, according to Pizza Pizza.
"The health and safety of our customers, staff and franchise operators have always been our top priority," Paul Goddard, CEO for Pizza Pizza, said in a news release.
"Our team has been working tirelessly to adapt to the recent health crisis so that we can continue to provide a safe and secure service to Canadians. We are pleased to be able to offer a packaging solution that will give our customers added confidence in knowing their food is protected and safe," he continued.
The pizza chain plans to have the new boxes in all 420 locations across the country by the end of April.
Pizza Pizza is also taking added safety measures, including ensuring when the pizza comes out of the oven, it's placed in the box using a paddle, to prevent the chefs having to touch it with their hands.
Additionally, the restaurant is allowing customers to pre-pay--including tip--to prevent person-to-person contact as much possible.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Update: Teen charged after alleged stabbing of 79-year-old woman in Oakville
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- WATCH: All lanes blocked on Burlington Skyway due to collision
- Canadian government makes masks mandatory for transportation sector