Police Arrest Couple Wanted in Massive ‘Crime Spree’
A man and woman wanted in connection with a crime spree spanning across southern Ontario - including Halton - have been arrested, say Niagara police.
Kevin Stapleford-Francalanza, 24, and Rachel Hayden, 22 were wanted by several police services - such as Brantford, Waterloo, Guelph, and London - on a number of charges ranging from vehicle and gas theft to shoplifting.
They were handcuffed in “another jurisdiction” outside of Niagara on Sept. 29.
There were at least 25 interactions with the suspects from Aug. 18 to Sept. 26 -- the most recent one in a Niagara-on-the-Lake parking lot.
That's where the suspects allegedly damaged several police cruisers and civilian vehicles while attempting to evade arrest.
Police are thanking the public for their help.
UPDATE: The province’s Special Investigations Unit is invoking its mandate following the arrest of the suspects in Vaughan by York Regional Police.
The suspects were spotted leaving Vaughan Mills shopping centre, near Toys R Us, at 8:45 p.m.
During the arrest, the man had an interaction with police.
He was transported to hospital then transferred to the custody of Niagara police.
The man was again taken to hospital where was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have witnessed the incident to phone the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
Anyone with video evidence related to this incident is asked to upload footage.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency which investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
Photo courtesy of Niagara Regional Police
- COVID closes restaurants in Burlington and Milton
- Frost advisory in effect for Burlington, Oakville, Milton
- All COVID-19 cases in Halton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- Interactive map shows how you can support Halton farmers
- WANTED: Couple Wanted in Massive ‘Crime Spree’
- SIU Probes Arrest in Burlington Parking Lot
- Police Issue Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant for Murder Suspects
- Police arrest three suspects in relation to collision involving stolen car
- UPDATED: Police Searching for Suspects of Two Separate Shoplifting Incidents in Burlington