Police Arrest Man in Allegedly Stolen Car in Milton
A Toronto man is facing charges in connection with a stolen vehicle investigation.
Halton police say that on Oct, 2, shortly before 9:00 a.m., several officers were called to the Martin Street and Market Drive area in Milton in response to a male who was allegedly operating a stolen vehicle from Toronto.
While officers were responding to the scene, the male was allegedly involved in a minor theft from a nearby gas station, as well as a motor vehicle collision.
After the collision, the suspect allegedly fled from the stolen car and travelled via taxi to the northeast part of Milton.
He was subsequently taken into custody without incident.
Initial reports to police suggested that the suspect was in possession of a firearm, but police say no weapon was located.
Police say 22-year-old Michael Danso was charged with a number of offenses, including failing to remain at the scene of an accident, driving while disqualified, theft under $5,000, theft of a motor vehicle and more.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation can contact Detective Constable Jason Hollinger of the One District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2490.
- Brothers Arrested After Vehicle Stolen in Oakville
- Male Facing 23 Charges After Allegedly Rummaging Through Vehicle in Oakville
- Police Looking to ID Alleged Car Thief After Officer Injured in Stolen Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Firearm Seized During Stolen Licence Plate Investigation in Burlington
- Police on Scene After Possibly Armed Man Involved in Hit and Run in Milton