Police Arrest Two Men Reportedly Looking into Vehicles in Milton
Two arrests have been made following an overnight incident in Milton.
Just after 2:30 am, police were called to the area of Bell Street and Vanier Drive for reports of two males looking into vehicles.
The suspects fled the scene on foot, causing a brief chase, and one suspect was quickly apprehended.
“With the assistance of the Canine Unit, the second suspect was located and arrested in a wooded area shortly thereafter,” police say.
The investigation determined that the suspects had reportedly arrived in the area in a stolen vehicle, which has since been recovered by police.
Hamilton men Mathew Oliveira and Matthew Chupil (both 19) are charged with possession of property obtained by crime over $5000, possession of property obtained by crime under $5000, eight counts of possessing/using a stolen credit card, and eight counts of fraud under $5000.
Chupil is additionally charged with four counts of failing to comply with probation.
Both suspects were held for bail.
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- Police Searching For Missing Man Last Seen in Oakville
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- UPDATE: Police Searching For Two Suspects Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Toronto Universities Evacuated Following Bomb Threats
- UPDATE: Suspects Arrested Following Vehicle Entries in Oakville
- Three Suspects Arrested in Burlington in Relation to Stolen Property
- Men Arrested After Stolen Vehicles Found in Oakville
- Suspects Charged After Halton Police Find Stolen Van in Burlington
- Suspects Charged After Ramming Halton Police Cruiser