Police Arrest Two Men Reportedly Looking into Vehicles in Milton
Two arrests have been made following an overnight incident in Milton.
Just after 2:30 am, police were called to the area of Bell Street and Vanier Drive for reports of two males looking into vehicles.
The suspects fled the scene on foot, causing a brief chase, and one suspect was quickly apprehended.
“With the assistance of the Canine Unit, the second suspect was located and arrested in a wooded area shortly thereafter,” police say.
The investigation determined that the suspects had reportedly arrived in the area in a stolen vehicle, which has since been recovered by police.
Hamilton men Mathew Oliveira and Matthew Chupil (both 19) are charged with possession of property obtained by crime over $5000, possession of property obtained by crime under $5000, eight counts of possessing/using a stolen credit card, and eight counts of fraud under $5000.
Chupil is additionally charged with four counts of failing to comply with probation.
Both suspects were held for bail.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- This Major Road Closure Has Been Extended in Milton
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Emergency Services Investigating Strange Substance Released into a Burlington Creek
- UPDATE: Suspects Arrested Following Vehicle Entries in Oakville
- Three Suspects Arrested in Burlington in Relation to Stolen Property
- Men Arrested After Stolen Vehicles Found in Oakville
- Suspects Charged After Halton Police Find Stolen Van in Burlington
- Suspects Charged After Ramming Halton Police Cruiser