Police believe that deceased person found in Milton might have been murdered
Police believe a deceased male discovered in Milton could be a homicide victim.
Halton police say that at approximately 6:00 am on June 30, 2020, officers located a deceased male near the intersection of Guelph Line and No.10 Sideroad.
Police say there is no known related threat to public safety at this time.
Police say a post mortem will be conducted at the Office of the Chief Coroner in Toronto, but investigators believe the death to be as a result of a homicide.
The deceased has not yet been positively identified.
There is a heavy police presence in the area and officers are asking the public to avoid the area at this time.
Police expect to be in the area for the remainder of the day.
The Homicide Bureau has taken carriage of the investigation and anyone with information is asked to call the Homicide Tip Line at 905-825-4776.
Investigators also are appealing to the public for dashcam or home or business surveillance video from the area of Guelph Line north of the 401 to No. 10 Side Road in Milton between the hours of 8:00 PM Monday, June 29 to 6:00 AM Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
If you have any video during that timeframe, you are asked to contact the Homicide Tip Line at 905-825-4776.
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Watershed outlook and weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Halton
- Man arrested for hate-motivated assault in Oakville
- Halton Police Asking For Public's Help With Homicide Investigation
- Police identify victims of double homicide shooting in Oakville
- Dead body found near Guelph Line intersection: Halton Police
- Suspect and Victim Identified in Oakville Homicide
- Officers on Scene for Homicide Investigation This Morning