Police Chase Oakville Man Who Allegedly Shot Vehicles with Pellet Gun
Police have made an arrest in relation to a recent mischief investigation.
Around 10:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 16, officers attended a residence near Fourth Line and Upper Middle Road West to follow up on an incident involving a male allegedly shooting his neighbours’ vehicles with a pellet gun.
Police found the suspect leaving his residence in a vehicle and attempted to stop him, but the suspect fled.
Police chased the suspect to Mississauga, where an alerted public transit bus driver blocked the vehicle’s path at the intersection of Lakeshore Road and Hurontario Street.
“A search of the vehicle resulted in the seizure of a loaded CO2 powered pellet gun and a 7” knife,” police say.
33 year old Oakville man Mostafa Ragab was briefly taken to hospital for minor injuries and later transported to the Oakville police station.
Ragab is charged with two counts of mischief under $5,000, fleeing from police, assault with intent to resist arrest, and two counts of possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Police Arrest Man in Allegedly Stolen Car in Milton
- WANTED: Suspect Accused of Ramming into Police Cruisers in Oakville
- Man Charged in Oakville Transit Bus Robbery
- Police Seeking Suspect Vehicle in Connection with Oakville Sexual Assault