Police Hunt Burlington Arson Suspect
Halton police are looking for an arson suspect who was last seen running with a gas canister in Burlington.
The incident took place on Feb. 5 at 11:45 p.m.
A man went to a home on Bluegrass Lane, near Appleby Line and Upper Middle Rd., and used the fuel to set fire to a parked Ford vehicle in the driveway before fleeing, investigators allege.
The Ford was destroyed in the blaze.
The Burlington Fire Department put out the fire and people inside the home managed to escape without injury.
There was no fire damage to the residence, say police.
The man is believed to have run off and left the area in a white full-size pickup truck.
He’s described as 20 to 30 with a lean build.
Bluegrass Lane is right by Pathfinder Dr. and Dryden Ave., next to Brada Woods Park.
Homeowners in the area and people driving in the area at that time are asked to review external home security video or dash cam footage from Monday, February 5, 2018 around 11:45 p.m.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Det,-Const. Scott Feddema with the 30 Division criminal investigation bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2372 or 2315.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Significant snow in the forecast for Halton
- What are the key issues in the Ontario teachers’ disputes with the province?
- Burlington mayor issues statement after concerns raised around Millcroft Golf Course
- Ontario will need to recall defective licence plates, cabinet minister says
- 3 suspects wanted after attempted robbery and shooting in Milton: Halton Police