Police ID Burlington Man Found in Lake Ontario
A drowning victim has been identified as Burlington resident.
The incident took place on July 15 at 6:19 p.m.
That’s when a man’s body was found floating in Lake Ontario just east of the Burlington pier.
The man has been identified Matthew Kevin Brown, 45.
A post-mortem examination determined the cause of death to be drowning.
The incident isn’t believed to be suspicious, however, police say the investigation is continuing.
Investigators are interested in speaking to anyone who may have information Brown’s whereabouts in the days leading up to this incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Candido Moniz of the Burlington criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2312.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Police Warning Residents of Suspicious Person in Milton
- Three Halton Residents Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Police Searching for Two Suspects Following Incident at Canadian Tire in Oakville
- Burlington Vows to Protect its Land From Doug Ford
- Halton Residents Warned of Gas Scam by Police