Police ID Burlington Man Found in Lake Ontario
A drowning victim has been identified as Burlington resident.
The incident took place on July 15 at 6:19 p.m.
That’s when a man’s body was found floating in Lake Ontario just east of the Burlington pier.
The man has been identified Matthew Kevin Brown, 45.
A post-mortem examination determined the cause of death to be drowning.
The incident isn’t believed to be suspicious, however, police say the investigation is continuing.
Investigators are interested in speaking to anyone who may have information Brown’s whereabouts in the days leading up to this incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Candido Moniz of the Burlington criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2312.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Emergency Services Investigating Strange Substance Released into a Burlington Creek
- Top 5 Bakeries in Burlington
- Man Pronounced Dead Following Drowning Incident in Burlington
- UPDATE: Owner Reunited with Stolen Property Following Break and Enter Incident in Burlington
- Body Found in Water Near Burlington Pier
- Man Found Deceased in Lake Ontario In Oakville
- Victim Identified in Suspicious Death Investigation in Oakville