Police ID Woman Accused of Assaulting Child in Oakville Grocery Store
A woman who allegedly assaulted a child in an Oakville grocery story has been identified, say Halton police.
The 77-year-old Oakville woman “was cautioned for the incident due to her diminished capabilities,” police said late Wednesday.
The incident took place at the No Frills at 125 Cross Ave. on Aug. 8 at 11:10 a.m.
Investigators say a mother was shopping with four children when an unknown woman slapped her daughter.
The unknown woman was confronted by the mother and the suspect “promptly fled” the store, say police.
The woman’s name is not being released.
“There were no injuries to the victim as a result of this incident,” said police.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Halton Police Investigating Robbery at Convenience Store in Burlington
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface