Police ID Woman Accused of Assaulting Child in Oakville Grocery Store
A woman who allegedly assaulted a child in an Oakville grocery story has been identified, say Halton police.
The 77-year-old Oakville woman “was cautioned for the incident due to her diminished capabilities,” police said late Wednesday.
The incident took place at the No Frills at 125 Cross Ave. on Aug. 8 at 11:10 a.m.
Investigators say a mother was shopping with four children when an unknown woman slapped her daughter.
The unknown woman was confronted by the mother and the suspect “promptly fled” the store, say police.
The woman’s name is not being released.
“There were no injuries to the victim as a result of this incident,” said police.
- Oakville-Based Children’s Health Facility Gives Layoff Notices to Close to 300 Employees
- Police Searching For Missing Man Last Seen in Oakville
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- UPDATE: Police Searching For Two Suspects Following Distraction Theft Incident in Burlington
- Police Investigating Industrial Incident in Oakville