Police Investigate Social Media Posts in Oakville
An Oakville high school has been given the all clear after social media posts sent Halton police to the scene on Wednesday morning.
“There is absolutely no threat to the school,” said Sgt. Dana Nicholas.
Officers began investigating after someone brought the posts to the school’s attention.
All students are safe, Nicholas said, and there was no lockdown or hold and secure at St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Secondary School on Dorval Dr.
The call came in after 8 a.m.
The high school liaison officer at St. Thomas Aquinas “was aware and participatory in managing the call,” said Nicholas, adding uniform officers also attended.
There was a minor disruption in the school routine, say police, and the regular school day has resumed around 10 a.m.
- Police Investigate Social Media Threats at a Burlington High School
- Reports of Threats at Burlington High School are False: Police
- Police Investigate Social Media Post in Georgetown
- Here's What Happened With Threats at a Burlington High School
- Police Investigating Assault at Milton Elementary School