Police Investigating After Deceased Woman Located in Vehicle in Burlington
An investigation is underway after a dead body was located Saturday afternoon in Burlington.
Police received the call at 3:30 p.m. from a resident who found the body in a vehicle parked at the Aldershot GO Transit station at 1199 Waterdown Road.
The resident, who had parked his vehicle next to the vehicle containing the deceased female, initially believed she was sleeping.
When the resident returned to his vehicle a few hours later and saw she was still there, he contacted police.
Police are investigating the cause of death, which is currently unknown but not thought to be suspicious at this time.
Police cannot confirm where the woman is from but believe she is possibly from Hamilton.
A post mortem to determine the cause of death will be conducted on Sunday, September 22.
Police are continuing to search for and contact the woman’s next-of-kin.
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Police offering $100,000 reward in 1984 Oakville murder
- Burlington council votes to eliminate income tax penalties amid COVID-19 outbreak
- LATEST: Ontario and Halton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- UPDATE: Two Deceased Adults Located in Submerged Vehicle in Burlington
- Police investigating dead body found in Burlington
- Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga Located in Oakville
- PHOTO: Police Investigating Vehicle Fire in Burlington
- Police Seeking Suspect Vehicle in Connection with Oakville Sexual Assault