Police Investigating After Unusual Car Crash Seriously Injures Man in Burlington
A 47-year-old Burlington man is in hospital with serious injuries following an unusual single-vehicle crash that police say might have been the result of mechanical issues.
Halton police say that on Wednesday, April 18 at approximately 7:30 p.m., officers were called to the Dundas Street and Appleby Line area in Burlington to respond to a collision.
Police say initial reports from the scene indicated that a pick-up truck had struck a guardrail, injuring a man in the process.
Upon arrival, emergency crews found a Ford Ranger pick-up truck atop the guard rail, on the north side of Dundas Street. An injured male was seen lying on Dundas Street, and was transported to a trauma centre in serious condition.
Police say evidence suggests that the pick-up was driving eastbound on Dundas Street when it potentially suffered a mechanical issue.
Police suggest that when the man stopped and attempted to investigate the issue, the pick-up truck accelerated across the eastbound lanes, across the median, and across the westbound lanes before striking and mounting the guardrail.
The man fell to the ground in the westbound lanes, suffering serious injuries in the process.
He was not struck by another vehicle, and no other vehicles were involved in the collision.
The victim remains in hospital with serious injuries.
The Collision Reconstruction Unit is investigating the incident.
Photo courtesy of The 4K Guy
- House of the Week: Rural Milton estate will let you live large
- Oakville resident joins millionaires club
- Oakville has most active COVID-19 cases in Halton
- Hamilton and Halton Marine Units respond after two fall overboard in Lake Ontario
- Ontario reports 491 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase in months
- Single-vehicle collision affecting intersection lanes in Burlington
- Emergency Services Attending Collision in Burlington
- Man taken to trauma centre after being struck by vehicle in Milton
- Police Investigating Motor Vehicle Collision in Burlington
- Senior Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Burlington