Police Investigating Apple Store Theft in Burlington
Two suspects are linked to an Apple store theft in Burlington and Halton police are asking the public to help identify them.
“They’re both young - you can tell - in their twenties,” said Const. Naresh Dabas from the District Response Unit which is focusing on retail crime as Halton police are cracking down on shoplifting across the region.
The incident took place on July 9 at Mapleview Mall around 3 p.m.
Investigators say the suspects went to the store’s accessory area and wound up making a purchase — but not before pocketing an iPhone 7.
“The male selected the iPhone 7,” said Dabas, adding it’s jet black with 128 GB.
The iPhone is valued at $1162.77.
Police allege the man “conceals it in his pocket” before leaving the Apple store with the woman.
“I don’t know if it’s a crime of opportunity,” said Dabas.
“It’s very hard to say if it’s organized retail crime.”
The suspects are white in their twenties.
The man is roughly 5-foot-8. He was wearing black shorts, a black shirt, tan bucket hat, and carrying two bags.
The woman stands 5-foot-5 with black hair. She was wearing sunglasses, a neon orange sweatshirt, shorts, and white sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to phone 905-825-4747 ext. 2351 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.
Image courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Police Warning Residents of Suspicious Person in Milton
- Police Warning of Bomb Threats in Halton
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- Popular Store Opens First Outlet in Canada at Toronto Premium Outlets
- UPDATE: One Male Arrested For Attempted Child Abduction in Oakville
- Halton Police Investigating Apple Store Theft in Burlington
- Police Seek Walmart Shoplifting Suspects in Burlington
- Police Searching for Two Suspects Following Theft at a Popular Oakville Store
- Police Searching for Suspects Following Massive iPhone Theft
- Police Seek SportChek Shoplifting Suspects in Burlington