Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction in Milton
A male is in custody in relation to an attempted child abduction in Milton.
The child was “with his mother,” said Halton Regional Police Det. Robert Todd.
“The mother intervened, which prevented the suspect from taking the child.”
The incident took place on Aug. 25 at 8:15 p.m. at McDougall Park, near McDougall Crossing and Ware Cres.
Police allege a male suspect grabbed a young boy by his arm and attempted to take him to a nearby older model black Honda.
The suspect released the child and fled to the vehicle, which left the area quickly, heading toward Savoline Blvd.
There may have been additional passengers in the Honda, say investigators.
Police located the car, parked at a Milton home.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to phone Det. Robert Todd of the Child Abuse and Sexual Assault Unit at 905-825-4747 ext. 8970 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Charges Laid in Milton Attempted Child Abduction
- UPDATE: One Male Arrested For Attempted Child Abduction in Oakville
- Suspect Arrested Following Child Luring Investigation in Burlington
- Oakville Man Facing Child Porn, Sex Assault Charges
- MOST WANTED: Male Suspect Wanted for Historical Sexual Assault in Burlington