Police Investigating Attempted Truck Theft in Burlington
Police say officers are investigating an attempted truck theft in Burlington.
Halton police say the alleged attempted theft occurred in a parking lot of Frontenac Public School in Burlington on Tuesday, April 23, 2019.
Police say the owner of the truck was at the school for an evening sporting event at the time of the incident. Police allege that shortly after 6:00 pm, the owner found that two male suspects had gained access to his 2002 GMC pickup truck.
Police say the two suspects fled on foot and were chased by the truck owner.
According to police, a witness reportedly observed what appeared to be a gun being hidden by the second suspect. The truck owner was warned, and he discontinued his pursuit, police say.
Police say the two suspects got into a 2005 gold coloured Pontiac Sunfire that was driven by a third suspect. The driver left the area, and the vehicle was last seen traveling eastbound on Pinedale Avenue.
Police say this vehicle was reported stolen from Hamilton and was recovered by officers on April 24 in Oakville.
Police say the first suspect is described as a male between 25 and 30 years old with an olive complexion. The second suspect is described as a male between 25 and 40 years of age with an olive complexion. The third suspect, the driver of the vehicle, is described as a male between 25 and 30 years of age. He has an olive complexion, long dark hair, and scruffy facial hair.
Anyone with information or who may have video surveillance or dash-cam video of the suspects/ suspect vehicle is asked to call Det. Clay Gillis of the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2307 or the on-duty Staff Sergeant at 905-825-4747 ext. 2310.
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club Near Oakville
- Major Delays Expected on QEW Due Construction on Burlington Skyway Bridge
- Truck Carrying a Number of Bicycles Stopped in Burlington
- Police Hunt Suspect After Break-In, High-Speed Chase in Milton
- Police Investigating Armed Robbery at Freedom Mobile in Burlington
- Halton Police in Search of a Male Suspect Following an Alleged Walmart Shoplifting Incident
- Police Search for Suspects Following Breast Pump Incident in Burlington
- Halton Police Searching for Third Suspect of Theft Involving Vehicle