Police Investigating Shooting in Burlington
A gunman is on the run following a shooting in Burlington on Tuesday morning.
“We have not yet made an arrest,” said Halton police Det.-Sgt. Joe Barr.
“The investigation is still very much going on.”
The incident involves a shot being fired at two people inside a vehicle in the Motel 6 parking lot at North Service Rd. and Corporate Dr. around 11:30 a.m. That’s just north of the QEW between Walkers Line and Appleby Line.
No injuries are reported and there’s no threat to public safety.
Officers were dispatched to 4345 North Service Rd. for a single shot fired.
The alleged gunman and victims fled the scene in separate vehicles, police say.
The victims’ vehicle was found by police at Mainway and Dillon Rd.
“We do know who the intended victims are,” said Barr.
Investigators are describing the shooting as “targeted.”
Witnesses are asked to phone the criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2316 or CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-8477.
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Popular Oakville Restaurant Shuts Down Following Kitchen Fire
- Kelly’s Bake Shoppe in Burlington Issues Apology Following Pride Cupcake Scandal
- Oakville Declares a Climate Emergency
- Six Halton Residents Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Halton Mayors Discuss Key Concerns Surrounding Proposed Truck-Rail Project in Milton