Police Investigating Shooting in Burlington
A gunman is on the run following a shooting in Burlington on Tuesday morning.
“We have not yet made an arrest,” said Halton police Det.-Sgt. Joe Barr.
“The investigation is still very much going on.”
The incident involves a shot being fired at two people inside a vehicle in the Motel 6 parking lot at North Service Rd. and Corporate Dr. around 11:30 a.m. That’s just north of the QEW between Walkers Line and Appleby Line.
No injuries are reported and there’s no threat to public safety.
Officers were dispatched to 4345 North Service Rd. for a single shot fired.
The alleged gunman and victims fled the scene in separate vehicles, police say.
The victims’ vehicle was found by police at Mainway and Dillon Rd.
“We do know who the intended victims are,” said Barr.
Investigators are describing the shooting as “targeted.”
Witnesses are asked to phone the criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2316 or CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-8477.
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Police offering $100,000 reward in 1984 Oakville murder
- Less than 400 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 160 total cases confirmed in Halton
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville