Police Investigating Shots Fired in Burlington
Halton police are on scene after shots were fired in Burlington early Friday.
“The parties are known to one another,” said Sgt. Dana Nicholas.
Reports came in about several gunshots near Ross St. and Olga Dr. at 4:30 a.m.
That’s downtown just west of Brant St., right by Central Public School.
No one was injured.
Several casings were found and police are continuing to investigate.
Police say they believe it’s a targeted act and there’s no further risk to the public.
Investigators are looking for witnesses and asking area residents with surveillance cameras to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Jared McLeod of the Burlington criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2385.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- City Council passes mask bylaw for Burlington
- Halton left out as most regions moving to Stage 3 of COVID-19 recovery
- Arrests made in shooting near Walkers Line in Burlington
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- WATCH: Halton Police remove racist vandalism at Oakville church