Police investigating theft of Canadian Tire in Burlington
Halton Regional Police Services (HRPS) are investigating an attempted theft in Burlington.
At approximately 8:15 p.m. tonight, HRPS uniformed officers and canine units tracked and apprehended a suspect in the area of Dynes Road and Prospect Street.
The suspect attempted to use a fraudulent credit card at the Canadian Tire and then fled the scene when the police arrived.
According to HRPS, he was apprehended, and there is currently no threat to public safety.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Looming cold front will bring an end to scorching hot temperatures in Halton