Police Investigating Violent Robbery in Burlington
Two suspects are on the run following a gunpoint robbbery in Burlington.
The incident took place on Sept. 4 shortly after 4 p.m.
That’s when two masked men -one armed with a handgun- entered the Rogers store at 2500 Appleby Line.
Once inside, the suspects ordered three employees and four customers to get on the ground.
The victims were led to a back office where one suspect opened a safe while the other suspect held the staff and customers at gunpoint.
One employee was hit in the head with the gun, suffering a minor injury while a customer was grabbed and pushed around.
The men stole a number of cellphones and fled the store in an unknown direction.
The suspect description is limited to two black males wearing hoodies, dark pants and running shoes.
Police are asking anyone with information about this robbery to contact Det. Steve Siomra of the Burlington criminal investigations bureau - robbery team at 905-825-4747 ext. 2343.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Halton
- New Waterfront Restaurant with Patio Now Open in Oakville
- Motorcyclist Seriously Injured in Collision in Milton
- Five Catholic Schools in Halton Will Have Different Start and End Times Come September
- Company Preparing for Massive $28 Million Expansion in Burlington