Police Issued Numerous Distracted Driving Charges During Oakville Ribfest
While many residents were enjoying the food and festivities at Oakville’s Ribfest on Friday, police were watching the roads for any distracted drivers during the event.
Near the end of the night, police reported that they had issued a total of nine charges for distracted driving.
One of the drivers faced an additional charge for driving with a license that had been suspended since 2007 (the punishment for which is a minimum fine of $1,000, according to Ontario law).
Stay safe on the roads and enjoy the rest of Ribfest!
(Photo from Halton Police Twitter.)
- Here’s How Halton Police are Tackling Distracted Driving in the Region
- Here’s How Much You Can be Fined for Distracted Driving in Halton
- Oakville Police Officer Frustrated By Bizarre Distracted Driving Incidents in Halton
- Here's How Many Distracted Drivers OPP Charged
- Here’s Why Halton Police Officers Laid Over 3,000 Charges Recently