Police Issued Numerous Distracted Driving Charges During Oakville Ribfest
While many residents were enjoying the food and festivities at Oakville’s Ribfest on Friday, police were watching the roads for any distracted drivers during the event.
Near the end of the night, police reported that they had issued a total of nine charges for distracted driving.
One of the drivers faced an additional charge for driving with a license that had been suspended since 2007 (the punishment for which is a minimum fine of $1,000, according to Ontario law).
Stay safe on the roads and enjoy the rest of Ribfest!
(Photo from Halton Police Twitter.)
- Man Arrested in Oakville for Carjacking, Kidnapping 96 Year Old Woman
- Three Vehicles Involved in Collision in Milton
- Oakville House of the Week: Chic and Rustic $2 Mil Bronte East Home
- House of the Week: $2.8 Mil Burlington Home That Overlooks the Water
- This Store at the Burlington Centre Needs an Update