Police Lay Stunt Driving Charge in Burlington School Zone
A driver is facing a stunting charge after being pulled over - at more than double the speed limit - at a school zone in Burlington.
Halton police say the driver was clocked at 93km/hr in a flashing 40 km/h stretch along Upper Middle Rd. on Sept. 8.
Officers were conducting traffic speed enforcement, as part of Project Safe Start, front of Corpus Christi Catholic Secondary School.
The driver is being charged under the Highway Traffic Act.
It’s unclear which type of vehicle was involved, however, it’s been impounded for seven days, along with a licence suspension for one week plus a summons to appear in court.
Photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- House of the Week: Rural Milton estate will let you live large
- Oakville resident joins millionaires club
- Oakville has most active COVID-19 cases in Halton
- Hamilton and Halton Marine Units respond after two fall overboard in Lake Ontario
- All COVID-19 cases in Halton schools for the week of September 21 to 26