Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in GTA
Police are appealing to the public for help in locating a man they say is “actively evading arrest.”
Peel police say a Canada-wide arrest warrant is still outstanding in relation to a human trafficking investigation that occurred in Mississauga.
Police say on Friday, Feb. 3, 2017, officers responded to a report that a male suspect had violently assaulted a woman. Police allege that further investigation indicated the suspect had been exploiting the victim in the sex trade.
It is alleged that the suspect profited from the victim’s acts, and that he exercised control over all aspects of her life.
Investigators have issued an arrest warrant for 26-year-old Kartel Pye for a host of offences, including procuring, exercising control, deriving a material benefit from sexual services, trafficking in persons, assault, forcible confinement, sexual assault and more.
Pye is described as 5’7” black male who is 169 pounds with a medium build. He has brown eyes and a tattoo on the left side of his neck.
Investigators believe that he travels frequently between the GTA and his hometown of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
If anyone has information in relation to this investigation, they are urged to call the Major Drugs and Vice Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3555 or 3515.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire causing highway delays in Oakville
- Hamilton couple charged after police seize drugs, break and enter tools in Burlington
- Here's why Halton residents should vote strategically this election