Police Nab Break-In Suspect in Milton
A Milton man linked to a series of break-ins is back in jail after a foiled attempt thanks to a sharp-eyed witness.
Halton police received a call on Oct. 11 at 12:59 a.m. for a suspicious person at a construction site at Whitlock Ave. and Regional Road 25 in Milton.
The caller said they were watching a suspect currently breaking into several locations in the area.
Police were updated and advised that the accused had fled to his car — the caller also provided the direction of travel.
Patrol officers quickly responded, finding a dark station wagon travelling at a high rate of speed eastbound on Whitlock Ave. toward Regional Road 25.
Officers stopped the station wagon and after a brief on-scene investigation, placed the suspect under arrest for break and enter, possession of break and enter tools, and possession of stolen property.
The man was allegedly carrying drugs and drug paraphernalia, while a search of his vehicle revealed stolen property.
Police learned that the accused was currently on conditions of an undertaking for his role in several break-ins to a Milton building supply company last May.
In addition, the man was under two provincial driving bans.
Vito Ferrari, 43, is charged with break and enter, possession of break-in instruments, possession of property obtained by crime, possession of a controlled substance, fail to comply with undertaking, and two counts of driving while under suspension contrary to the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.
The investigation is continuing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det.-Const. Mark Brewster of the 1 District criminal investigations bureau at 905 825-4747 ext. 2428 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca or by texting “Tip201”with your message to 274637 (crimes).
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- One city moves to eliminate bus fare; could Burlington, Milton, and Oakville do the same?
- Life-saving measures performed after residents call 911 on impaired driver in Oakville
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- PICK A SIDE: Is there a war on Christmas?
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crazy footage serves as chilling reminder to drivers
- Suspects Attempt Break and Enter Then Crash Stolen Car in Burlington
- Suspect Charged in Milton School Break-In
- Police Bust Crime Group Suspected of Numerous Break and Enters in Halton
- Suspect Charged in Oakville and Burlington Break-Ins
- UPDATE: Owner Reunited with Stolen Property Following Break and Enter Incident in Burlington