Police Nab Driver Breaking Speed Limit in Burlington
One driver is temporarily off the streets after a speeding incident this morning in Burlington.
Halton Police reported around 10:30 a.m. that they had pulled over a driver (21 year old with a G2) who was caught speeding on Appleby Line.
The driver was going 167 km/hr in a 70 km/hr area, according to police.
The vehicle was impounded and the driver’s licence has been suspended for seven days due to stunt driving (defined by the province as driving at a rate of speed that is a marked departure from the lawful rate of speed) — an offense that can carry a minimum fine of $2000.
Police are reminding drivers to slow down and stay within the speed limit.
(Photo courtesy of Halton Police)
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed Down Burlington Roadway
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed in Halton
- Driver Charged for Going Ridiculous Speed in Oakville
- Driver Charged After Going Ridiculous Speed on QEW
- Drunk Driver Arrested in Burlington Was at Least 3.5 Times Over Limit: Police